Great as a side dish or a snack, this delicious nosh is bursting with flavor. It's cauliflower for people who don't like cauliflower.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 sliced medium onion
- 4 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated vegan parmesan or Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or other herbs for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice up 1 head cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Place cauliflower into bowl with onion, garlic, olive oil, pepper, 1/2 cup vegan parmesan and/or Nutritional Yeast and oregano/other herbs. Toss so that all the ingredients mix and the cauliflower is well coated.
- Spread cauliflower over foil on baking sheet.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until almost tender, 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining grated Parmesan/yeast, toss to combine, and roast until cauliflower is tender, roughly 10-12 minutes.
- Image courtesy of www.Epicurious.com
Vegan Cheeze Sauce
Real dairy cheese contains certain elements that are literally physiologically addictive. This vegan "cheeze" can become emotional addictive, but in a much healthier and enjoyable way. The combo of cashews, tahini, and nutritional yeast bring together savory, creamy, and tangy elements that light up your taste buds, but without the negatives of dairy. You can use this recipe to make a coating for kale chips, as well.
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 15 - 20 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoon organic lemon (fresh squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar (Bragg's brand)
- 1 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon organic yellow mustard (prepared)
- 1 tablespoon non-GMO cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 - 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric (for color and anti-inflammatory properties)
- Soak cashews for approximately 15 - 20 minutes.
- Put cashews and all other ingredients into a Vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve over vegetables or use as a dip.
- Check out the original recipe through the link above; it lists out the health benefits of virtually every ingredient.
Adapted from The Healthy Family & Home