Vitamix Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1 cup regular or skim milk
- 1/3 cup lowfat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup broccoli or cauliflower
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 serving bouillon or soup base (recommended: Edward & Sons "Not Chik'n" cubes)
- Place all ingredients in blender in order listed. Slowly ramp up from 1 to 10, then switch to high. Blend 6-8 minutes until smooth and hot. Serve immediately.
- For smoother soup, steam vegetables ahead of time. Also, if you'd a little texture, drop speed down to 1 after soup is finished and add 1/4 cup more broccoli, then blend for 5-10 seconds.