Green Monster Smoothie
I dug this because it's a nice balance of fruit and veggies, and you can weight it one way or the other if you want to adapt it to your own tastes. The addition of the Greek yogurt gives that little boost of protein, and you could up it even more with some raw almonds.
- 1 banana, roughly chopped
- 4 or 5 strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 small peach, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 heaping cup (or more) fresh spinach leaves, thoroughly rinsed
- splash vanilla soy milk
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- * Makes a very large smoothie. Two could easily share.
Adapted from Sing For Your Supper Blog