No Added Sugar Banana Bread
Delicious, all-natural ingredients with no added sugar and no refined sugar.
- 6-7 medium, overripe bananas, previously frozen and defrosted (fresh will work too)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (or other neutral-flavored oil of choice)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- Butter & sea salt for serving (optional)
- Sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Note: If you're going to use fresh overripe bananas, be sure to roast them for 15-20 minutes at 450F and allow them time to cool (reserving the liquid as well) before starting on the banana bread.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease an 4x8 loaf pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the defrosted/roasted bananas, coconut or other oil, eggs and vanilla and optional chocolate chips. Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and stir until just combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for roughly 1 hour, or you can insert a toothpick; you want it to come out without any traces of batter. Allow to cool before slicing.
- If you or your eating audience has nut allergies, feel free to omit the walnuts.
Adapted from According To Elle