Chocolate Espresso Fondue
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon instant espresso or coffee powder
- 3 Tablespoons (24 g) confectioners sugar
- 12 ounces (336 g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) brandy (optional)
- Place water, cream, coffee, sugar, and chocolate into the container and snap on the lid.
- Switch the Variable Speed to the lowest setting; a "1".
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Pour into fondue pot and if desired, stir in brandy.
- As far as things to dip into your fondue, try sponge cake, brownie bites, pound cake, sliced apples, sliced pears, strawberries, bananas, and fresh or chunks of pineapple.
Thanks to www.Chow.com for the picture.