Almond Coffee Green Smoothie
One of my favorite Vitamix drinks to make is a mocha frappuccino with carrots, spinach, kale, and squash. This is a great take on that, with stronger emphasis on the greens and less on the coffee.
- 5 ice cubes
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 cup whole raw almonds (about 12-18), optional
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso (or instant coffee)
- 1 tablespoon agave or favorite sweetener
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Extra prep time because the banana needs to be frozen, so throw it in the freezer the night before. Well, don't throw it...you might break the ice maker.
Adapted from Phoenix New Times
Chocolate + Coffee + Vegetables. Take that, Starbucks.
- • 2 cups almond milk
- • 1/2 cup Nestle Hot Cocoa or Whole Foods 365 Hot Cocoa
- • 1 tbsp Folgers instant coffee crystals
- • 3-5 baby carrots
- • 1/4 cup cabbage
- • 1/2” slice yellow squash
- • 1/4 cup spinach
- • 1/4 cup kale
- • 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- • 1 cup ice
- Blend all ingredients on high for 30-45 seconds. Enjoy while cold.
- Add more ice for that real "frappuccino" texture.