“Vegetable Magnetism” Carrot Squash Cleansing Smoothie
Trying to keep your system cleansed, but need a break from all the greens? This one's a bit more mild, with emphasis on the orangey, high beta-carotene carrots and butternut squash.
- 4 carrots, whole
- 1 cup peeled butternut squash
- 1/2 cucumber, roughly chopped and leave peel on
- Half-inch piece of ginger
- Shake of cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Prep all ingredients, then place into Vitamix container. Blend on high for 45-60 seconds. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was originally designed to be made with a juicer. By making it with the Vitamix, you're retaining the fiber, but it also comes out much thicker. Add water to suit your own desired thickness.
- Photo courtesy of www.cookingwithjax.com
Adapted from Healthy Blender Girl
Age-Reversing Watermelon Ginger Tonic
Summer's too hot, and it's making you older by the minute. Drink this, and you'll be up and zooming around all day long! Watermelon is super-alkaline too, helping to keep your body's pH in balance.
- 4 cups watermelon, chopped with rind removed
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 small lemon or lime with peel
- 10 blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in Vitamix and set to Variable 1. Slowly turn up to Variable 10, then kick up to High. Blend for 30-45 seconds. Serve with a spring of mint on top...if you're fancy.
- There's so much water/juice already in watermelon that you shouldn't need to add any water, but if the recipe is coming out too thick, feel free to add a little liquid to thin it out. Also, experiment with lime vs. lemon to see which you prefer. Lime will give it more of a tropical taste, where lemon will be brighter with stronger citrus notes.
Adapted from Blend It to Mend It